THE JOB: As a Senior Concept Artist you work hand in hand with the Art Director and the Lead Artist to ensure the highest quality on any given project. You oversee the work of Junior Artists and guide them to reach the internal quality benchmark. You provide creative input and look for ways to improve the pipeline. You provide feedback to the team and introduce both knowledge and technical skill to the daily routine.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 6+ year industry experience.
- Excellent visual creativity and passion for character design and illustration.
- Excellent narrative and illustrative skills. Must be able to place more than one figure into a composition. An affinity for storytelling is highly desired.
- Must have perfect understanding of human anatomy, proportion, contemporary fashion, various cultures and be able to change and adapt across different genre and media.
- Advanced understanding of value, lighting, colour and perspective.
- Solid 2D art skills and expertise in Photoshop, is a must.
- Ability to take a character from an early concept through the pipeline to a fully rendered, high quality finish.
- Must be a team player who understands art direction and how to help enhance the team’s output.
- Must have shipped a minimum of 3 titles or been involved in similar productions to understand the pipeline accordingly and work toward internal deadlines.
- This is a full-time, in-house, permanent position so willingness to (re)locate to Berlin is necessary.
- Willingness to look after, mentor and share your knowledge with your junior colleagues.
- SIXMOREVODKA’s company language is English, so a good grasp of the language is a must.
WHAT WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR
- Over-reliance on 3D, Photo Bashing & Photography.
- Lone Wolves who just want to do it “their” way. Team-work is a must.
- Portfolios filled with Environment Art and zero Characters. We love great Environment Art, but without Characters we can’t tell stories in these worlds.
- Portfolios only featuring Studies, Portraits and Self-Portraits.
- A highly competitive Salary along with all Company Amenities: extended paid vacation time per year, team vacations, paid field trips, advanced learning classes, fully covered health and dental insurance, etc.
- Job/Life in Berlin – one of the most entertaining cities in Europe.
- Opportunity to work in a small, highly professional environment, creating high-quality artwork for the biggest names in the industry and SIXMOREVODKA’s own internal IP’s.
- Opportunity to work on your own ideas and get them funded for production.
If you’re interested in joining our team, send your portfolio and C.V (or a link to your website) to [email protected] with the Subject: “Senior Concept Artist Applicant”.
We are always on the lookout for bright new talent and artists who can bring their own edge to our team. We understand that team work is what makes our ideas strong and keeps our skills sharp. We review new portfolios on a weekly basis and reach out to potential candidates for additional art tests and interviews. Our hiring process is long and in depth, but it guarantees that we find the right people to work with.
We are NOT INTERESTED in unannounced, unscheduled walk-ins, personal portfolio drop offs, portfolio reviews at the door, presents that show how nice you are, recommendation letters or lunch invitations. Let your work speak for itself.